Updating Java on a Mac is starting to get really annoying, especially if you live in Java applications like Adobe Discover (part of the Omniture Suite). The instructions on the Adobe site (http://adobe.ly/14Wp2Cu) doesn’t appear to work anymore. If you’re in the same boat I was in, try the directions below.
To be in your Omniture Happy Place again:
- Follow the instructions on the Apple Support’s website: http://bit.ly/12xpU0L
- Try launching Discover again (or go to your Download folder and launch discover.jnlp)
- If launching was not successful, you should have gotten a Java message about downloading the JRE – click on the “Learn More” link.
- Download Java and install.
- Relaunch Discover.
- You can return to your happy place.
Hopefully this helps.